Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Elephant Throw Pillows and Chocolate Art Update

Hello!
 
   Lately I have been in the process of making throw pillows for my massive couches. It is, I assure you, quite a task. The latest set are made of a lovely elephant print corduroy, which I procured at an amazing sale. There are to be two square pillows, each thirty inches across and cinches together in the middles with fabric-coordinating buttons, and a larger rectangle pillow (forty-five inches long), on which I have appliqued and embroidered a large elephant out of a lovely pink sateen.


Because the nature of the applique material is to pull and get runs in the fabric quite easily, I first covered it with a fusible vinyl, turning the delicate material into a beautiful, yet durable piece of stain resistant vinyl. Due to a part that needs replacing in my sewing machine, my elephant throw pillow project is at a temporary standstill, but pictures will be uploaded of the completed trifecta, posthaste.

Hearkening back to my "Butterfly Cupcakes" article, I have gone further with the chocolate cake topper idea, and made quite a lovely cake topper for a round Easter cake. Here is the pattern I drew up for it:




Of course, before starting the chocolate part, I flipped the picture around, to get a mirror image of the words, so in the end they wouldn't be backward on the cake. Also, this time I used parchment paper, which is transparent enough to allow you to see your drawing through it, and is incredibly nonstick as well.


So, hopefully besides fixing my sewing machine and cleaning up the Easter grass from around my apartment, I can create something fantastic to post about soon! Thanks for reading :)

P.S. I am planning a Caribbean dinner party for four! Stay tuned for updates on recipe selections and photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment