Monday, April 16, 2012

Coffee Table Remake: Part One

  Happy Monday! I want to show all of you what I have been laboring over this past weekend. My latest DIY project has been remaking my old coffee table, giving it some artistic flair and personality. The first step was to sand down the wooden surface, removing the old finish. Next, I sketched my design onto the table with a pencil. Then, it was time to woodburn! I used the rounded flow point in my woodburner to get the smooth, curved lines. It even signed my name with ease. Here is how the woodburning came out:



   As you can see, it is a koi fish and a crane, just like a tattoo on a table! This afternoon, I am starting the next part of the process: colorizing! Stay tuned for photos of the table as I fill in the spaces between the woodburned lines :)

1 comment: