Saturday, April 14, 2012

Caribbean Dinner Party : Part One

 The first step in planning a dinner party is deciding who to invite and when. That part was simple for this one: each month, my husband and I have my parents over our apartment for a relaxing dinner featuring a meal from an international location. For example, last month, about a week before I started this blog, I made a meal from Tuscany, featuring a lovely lemon-garlic chicken with white-wine sauce, Asparagus a la Tuscany, and beautiful roasted squash. I made simple appetizers featuring homemade pesto and fresh mozzarella cheese. My mom provided a peach and brown sugar cheesecake for dessert. So, this Wednesday, April 18th, I am going to be cooking for them again, April's theme being Caribbean cooking.

  The next step is planning a menu. Surfing the Internet, or perusing cookbooks for ideas on what you want to cook. After a few days of musing on the subject of Caribbean cookery, I decided on a menu.

Caribbean Crab Cakes
Okra Fried Rice
Aubergines with Tomatoes and Garlic
Caribbean Cornbread

In Caribbean Dinner Part: Part Two, I am going to be searching for ingredients at local shops, and researching a tropical drink to serve for the occasion!

No comments:

Post a Comment