Monday, July 9, 2012

Introducing the Bunny Babies

What could be cuter than a litter of newborn baby bunnies? Perhaps only a litter of week-old baby bunnies! Since the babies were born, they have really started to come into their own personalities, and we have learned so much more than we ever knew about caring for bunny babies. 


Bumble, napping with me


Here, I am going to introduce to the world, one by one, the children of Poppy and Lancelot (Poppy the father, Lancelot the mother...read the previous blog entry for THAT story!). Be mindful that the names they are using now are nicknames subject to change once the gender is determined! We have no idea who the boys and who the girls are...but they are all cute!

#1: "Pinky"

Pinky is the bunny with the lightest colored fur, and is the one I am going to adopt. We call it Pinky for now, because when they were all born, Pinky was the only one who was pink from head to toe. Also, Pinky is the only one whose eyes still haven't opened.

Pinky, in motion



Pinky, still blind but so adorable


Pinky, in my hand


#2: "Tubby"

Tubby, christened as such by my sister, Ayla, is named for his chubby belly and big head. Tubby stands out as the largest of the kits, and is like a mini-teddy bear!


Tubby


Look at those feet!


#3: Button

Button was the runt of the litter, and though he/she started out exponentially tinier than the others, Button is catching up. In fact, Button was the only kit so far to exhibit an actual hop. Granted, even button mainly crawls at this stage, but we were all so proud of the little hopper! My mom has adopted Button, and the name is permanent!

Wee Baby Button!


Look how tiny, compared to the great, big world!


#4: "Old Man Bunny"

This little bunny has the whiskers and droopy eyes of an old grandpa, and the lethargic attitude of an octogenarian. However, "Old Man Bunny" isn't the official nickname, just the placeholder name until my sister, Emma (Lancelot's mommy), comes up with one. I texted her today instructing her to do so, and once she does, Old Man Bunny's section will be edited.



All Old Man Bunny wants to do is sleep!



Fuzzy Lil Handful!


Old Man Bunny, relaxing on my hand


Napping

So Zen!

#5: "Bumble"

Bumble, the second largest, likes to roll and tumble. Clumsily adorable, this little clown stole my heart straight away!

Bumble Butt

One of THE BEST bunny portraits of the day, Bumble is looking so cuddly!

#6: "Wrinkles"

Named for the wrinkly skin around his neck, this bunny is quite the acrobat! Crawling at breakneck speed, over obstacles (his siblings, or my arm), Wrinkles is a sight to behold!



Wrinkles, mid-crawl
Wrinkles tends to droop a little :)
Resting, after allllll that exercise!
Well, I hope you all enjoyed the Bunny Debut!

2 comments:

  1. Not sure why, but the pictures are not opening up. I was so looking forward to seeing those adorable baby bunnies! My weakness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh...that is too bad! The pics are here for me...I wonder why they aren't working :( I will try and see to that! They are really cute

    ReplyDelete